Becoming a Chartered HUSC Organization
A chartered organization is required to:
- Have at least 10 members at all times.
- Comply with Hamline University and Student Congress policies.
- Provide activities and/or services that are open and accessible for the entire campus (at least 1 all-campus event per year).
- Have a clear and specific purpose.
- Follow and support University and Student Congress diversity policies.
- Send at least one representative to Student Organization fall and spring caucus meetings hosted by the Student Organizations Chair of HUSC.
- Have an on or off-campus advisor.
A chartered organization cannot exist solely to support a political candidate. Political organizations cannot financially support any party, candidate, or political action committee with their budget. A detailed account of the chartering process can be found in the HUSC bylaws.